Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Getting kids away from the TV's

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Getting kids away from the TV's

Postby Alwaysthinkin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 am

Hey all, the marketing company I work for just got a new campaign from the Ad Council. While getting acquainted with the campaign i came across a study by the Ad Council that stated kids today spend about 50% less time outdoors than they did 20 years ago.

This to me is a crazy statistic, when i was a kid we spent the majority of our time in nature, and coming indoors was a punishment:/

This new trend isn't just disparaging it's unhealthy. The Forest Service has a new campaign going called "Where the Other You Lives" designed to get parents and kids outdoors, enjoying nature. They are proceeding from from 2 methods, one a PSA campaign and the other a website.

Hopefully this trend will change and we can get our kids outdoors to enjoy their health and the environment
Alwaysthinkin

Return to Visiting Yosemite