Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Question about Mariposa Sequoia Grove

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Question about Mariposa Sequoia Grove

Postby Hesky » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:09 pm

I am going to Yosemite in early December. I will be staying in the Yosemite Village, and I would like to visit the Mariposa Sequoia Grove, unfortunately, I won't be renting a car but taking Amtrak from San Francisco. Because of this, I was wondering if there are any transportation options in the Yosemite Valley to get to the Mariposa Sequoia Grove during this time of the year?

Thanks for your help!
Hesky

Postby hotrod4x5 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 am

Nope, it will be closed by then. The closest you can get (and it's not really that close) is up to Badger Pass.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/bus.htm
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:34 am

Also if you do make it there the road to the grove is closed so you will have a two mile trek through the snow to get to the grove. It's great for xcountry skiing or snowshoeing.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Hesky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 am

Do you know when does the shuttle stop running? I read in the website it stops in late fall, does that mean late October or late November? Or before that?
Hesky

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Since the Wawona-Valley bus stopped after Labor Day, the runs for the Wawona-Mariposa Grove shuttle don't matter a lot. You would still have to somehow get to Wawona from the Valley.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Winter in Yosemite