Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Wilderness permits

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Wilderness permits

Postby rvn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi all.

I want to hike in Yosemite from 25 till 28 in November, but i'm not sure that i will get wilderness permit in Thanksgiving day, because, as i remember, Wilderness Center (that issue permits) will be closed during this day. I can't reach them via phone or email.

Could you please advise how can i reach them till Thursday (when i will arrive in Yosemite) and get permit? Or may be i do not need to get permits?

I'll be really appreciated for any help. thanks in advance!
rvn

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 pm

You should be aware that it is snowing right now, and will be storming again with a day or so of Thanksgiving... trails are going to be icy and snowy. It's going to be cold!

If you are prepared for winter camping.... you always need to get a wilderness permit in Yosemite. In winter wilderness permits are on a self registration basis at some locations, and in the valley you get them at the visitor center, which is open from 9 to 5.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/p ... ations.htm
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Winter in Yosemite