Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Hetch hetchy in April

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Hetch hetchy in April

Postby Kjaggie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Could someone let me know their thoughts about doing the hetch hetchy loop in the next few weeks. My questions would be:
Do I need anow shoes or crampons?
How hard to find firewood in that area?
Looking for a spring hike in the area without snowshoes - any suggestions for a 4 night trip?

Thanks.
Kjaggie

Re: Hetch hetchy in April

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 am

Can you navigate without trails? Do you have twice the time you state to do it? If you have to ask if you need snow gear I suspect you don't have the skills necessary to do it safely. And you can expect a slow and cold trip.firewood? In the snow? Yosemite rules state no fires in winter.

You might manage an out and back to Rancheria.

Point Reyes or Henry Coe will be snow free for four days. Neither are in the Sierra.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Winter in Yosemite