Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Badger Pass to Ostrander Lake in Winter attempt

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Badger Pass to Ostrander Lake in Winter attempt

Postby WanderingJim » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Attempted a 3 night trek out to Ostrander Lake (and maybe down to Glacier Point after) this past weekend. The gritty details are here:

https://wandering.earth/index.php/2019/01/03/yosemite-winter-december-2018/

ImageDSC07595 by Wandering Jim, on Flickr

Lots of parents letting their kids sled around the Badger Pass area, including down a particular long and step section off the Glacier Point Road. The parents were down a little ways to make sure to 'catch' their kids before they (possibly) slid to their deaths. That looked stupid to me.

The Ostrander Skit Hut being closed and one locked bathroom at Valley View was the only other things I directly noticed about the lawlessness brought upon by the shutdown.

Kind of appalled by the other stories I've heard happening since I got back.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Badger Pass to Ostrander Lake in Winter attempt

Postby WanderingJim » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:37 am

When at first you don’t succeed… try… try again...

http://wandering.earth/index.php/2019/01/31/yosemite-winter-january-2019/
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Winter in Yosemite