Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

3 to 4 days in Yosemite in Winter

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

3 to 4 days in Yosemite in Winter

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:05 pm

Author: Christy (---.lsan.dial.netzero.com)
Date: 12-29-01 03:50

Hi, I would like to ask for advices and suggestions. We, a group of about 15 people from Southern CA, are gonna visit Yosemite from 12/31/01 to 01/04/02. We will probably arrive in the evening of 12/31 and take off in the morning of 01/04. Most of us are 1st-time visitors. We are gonna lodge in Curry Village.

Q1: Does anyone have any ideas for planning activities for 3 to 4 days? (We'd love to explore hot spots and popular views of Yosemite, and we love to hike, bike, and ski.) Time management seems to be critical, right? I've gathered lot of infos but am feeling confused about how to arrange.

Q2: Are there any everybody-is-welcome activities in the evening of new year's eve?

Q3: Any suggestion for night time activities?

I know it's a bit rush. I'd appreciate for any advices.

Re: 3 to 4 days in Yosemite
Author: Dan Anderson (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 12-31-01 12:49

Q1: Play it by ear, depending on the weather and what you like. Most people see Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls, and some take the trail to Vernal Falls. Don't forget to look for other, more obscure falls all along the Valley--especially after the rain. No where else in the world is there as many waterfalls in one spot. I like the trail to the middle cascades of Yosemite Falls. Also the trail along the south side of the valley from Curry or the Lodge to Bridalveil. Or the trail alon the north side from the Lodge to El Capitan (to the west) or Mirror Lake (to the east).

Q2: They have some family activities this year at Yosemite Lodge or Camp Curry (I forget which). Terrific, but expensive meals are available at the Mountain Room Broiler at the Lodge and I believe Ahwahnee.

Q3: Hang out at the Mountain Room Bar at the Lodge and talk to other people. See Lee Stetson's plays about John Muir. See a Ranger Program at the Lodge. If the moon's out, walk out along the meadow trails (in warm clothing). You see some unusual views of the valley in moon shadow.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Winter in Yosemite