Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Winter Photo Spots

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Winter Photo Spots

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Author: Cameron (216.63.14.---)
Date: 11-30-02 10:36

Looking for a moderate level hike that would take me away from the winter holiday crowd in Yosemite yet allow interesting vantage points for some B&W photography ... any ideas?

Re: Winter Photo Spots
Author: Dan Anderson (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 12-01-02 20:45

There's lots of places in Yosemite Valley that are uncrowded, once you get away from the supermarket, grocery store, and lodging.

I would walk along the Merced, which is easily reached at several points. The best spots are in the meadows in the morning, and to some extent in the evening. I like the morning because there are fewer people and you have that beautiful fog hanging above the meadows. The light is better in the morning and evening hours.

Everyone likes the Sentinel Bridge for photograpying Half Dome, but many spots along the river are more isolated and have bigger ponds to photograph reflections.

Tunnel View (Inspiration Point) is also nice. It's crowded, but the people don't show up in the pictures.

The key is be there right after a rain or snow storm and in the morning and evening light.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Winter in Yosemite