Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Ten Lakes area as part of a 4-nighter?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: Ten Lakes area as part of a 4-nighter?

Postby robow8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

Justin-T wrote:Plan would be to park in the Valley and get the glacier point tour bus up to GP. I think it typically leaves at 8:30, then we’d get the free Badger Pass shuttle back to Mono Meadow. But if I’m mistaken it would be good to know that now...

Reserve you tour tickets early; it does sell out. Also, sometimes the tour driver will let you out at Mono Meadow if you ask nicely. But you won't see that on any official park page.
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby Justin-T » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:46 am

robow8 wrote:Reserve you tour tickets early; it does sell out. Also, sometimes the tour driver will let you out at Mono Meadow if you ask nicely. But you won't see that on any official park page.

OK, thanks, good to know. By "early" do you mean months, weeks, days? Are they also OK with backpackers loading their huge packs onto the bus?
Justin-T
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby robow8 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Justin-T wrote:
robow8 wrote:Reserve you tour tickets early; it does sell out. Also, sometimes the tour driver will let you out at Mono Meadow if you ask nicely. But you won't see that on any official park page.

OK, thanks, good to know. By "early" do you mean months, weeks, days? Are they also OK with backpackers loading their huge packs onto the bus?

I would get reservations after you have reserved a permit.
They have big luggage storage bins on the busses, so backpacks are no problem.
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Previous

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking