Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

John Muir Trail

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

John Muir Trail

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:48 pm

John Muir Trail
Author: Wolfgang Müller (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 04-28-01 15:52

I intend to hike the "John Muir Trail" this year in September and i guess it´s a good idea to send myself packages of food via U.S.Mail as it would be very heavy to carry all of the neccessary supplies. Can anyone help me by sending me adresses of possible food drops nearby the trail.

Re: John Muir Trail
Author: Dan Anderson (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 04-28-01 16:02

Most drop points are at post offices on the east side of the Sierra Nevada. A good list is in
Jeffrey Schaffer's The Pacific Crest Trail: California

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ewebindex/

The PCT includes the John Muir Trail, for the most part.

Re: John Muir Trail
Author: Clay Adams (---.o1.com)
Date: 03-12-02 00:01

Does anyone know of a list of potential trail partners that would be interested in doing the trail this spring from south to north - the John Muir Tail?
I would like very much to correspond and share ideas for a hike!

Clay
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking