Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

best 1-day yosemite hiking trails if only there for 3 days

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

best 1-day yosemite hiking trails if only there for 3 days

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:49 am

Author: Irina (---.cvx.algx.net)
Date: 05-28-03 11:20

Hi,

Can anybody recommend hiking trails - one day or less in length - if I have only three days totally in the park. There are so many trails on the NP website that I am completely lost what to consider.

Thank you.
Irina

Re: best hiking trails if only 3 days
Author: Mike (---.dsl.sktn01.pacbell.net)
Date: 05-28-03 15:35

Depends on what you want to do mileage wise for a day hike. The most popular is Half Dome, but if you don't want to hike ALL day go to Vernal/Nevada Falls, or the top of Yosemite Falls. The 4-Mile Trail to Glacier Point is worth half a day too.

Head over to Wawona and spend some time at the Sequoia Grove and maybe a day hike up to Chilnualna Falls if you feel energetic (8 mile r/t).

Good luck and have fun!

Mike
The Backcountry

Author: Kim (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: 06-08-03 12:06

The best day hike in Yosemite is the Tuolumne Meadows hike towards Glen Aulin. If you don't want the hike to be too strenuous, turn around at the bridge that goes over the top of the Cascades because that's where the trail starts to descend down into Glen Aulin at 600 feet down. The 600 feet down is beautiful with waterfalls...but you're going down ....and then you have to turn around and go up. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL HIKE....about 3.5 miles relatively flat to the bridge and gorgeous....

Author: john avalos (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: 06-08-04 21:34

the best day hike is the panorama trail from the valley up to glacier point and back down. you can do a round trip, returning of the 4 mile trail, or catch a shuttle back down to the valley from glacier point or you can take a shuttle up to glacier point and hike the 8 miles down.

there is no better view of half dome and mount starr king. you also cross over illouite (sp?) falls and climb down the mist trail past nevada and vernal falls.

I guarantee the scenery will be permanently etched on your memory the rest of your life.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking