Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Waterfalls to see in August in Yosemite

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Waterfalls to see in August in Yosemite

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:03 am

Falls in August
Author: Ken Werner (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: 11-21-03 12:10

I'm going to Yosemite next August and was wondering which waterfalls would be worth seeing. I know some of them will be dry (like Yosemite and Ribbon). I was considering hiking up past Glen Aulin to see California and Waterwheel falls and wonder if they're worth seeing that time of year. Also thinking about Chilnualna as well as part of a loop hike with the Alder Creek trail. Is that a good hike?

Re: Falls in August
Author: Dan Anderson (---.drydog.com)
Date: 11-21-03 15:26

Waterwheel and California, in the Tuolumne high country, are always worth seeing. In the valley you can see Vernal and Nevada falls. Nevada is a longer hike, but worth seeing from the bottom and at the bridge over the top.

Chilnualna is out of the way and not as large or famous, but if you have time . . .

Re: Falls in August
Author: Ken Werner (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: 11-21-03 18:14

Thanks for the response. Can't wait until August!
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking