Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Anyone been to Hetch Hetchy after 03/21/07?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Anyone been to Hetch Hetchy after 03/21/07?

Postby Grzldvt » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:41 pm

I may have a chance to sneak in an overnight mid-week trip and Hetch Hetchy seems like it might be a "clear of snow" spot by now.
Could be the end of this week 4/5, or possibly start on 4/11.
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Anyone been to Hetch Hetchy after 03/21/07?

Postby oakroscoe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:34 pm

Grzldvt wrote:I may have a chance to sneak in an overnight mid-week trip and Hetch Hetchy seems like it might be a "clear of snow" spot by now.
Could be the end of this week 4/5, or possibly start on 4/11.

I haven't been up there since around Christmas time. I would imagine that you'd be able to find a decent spot to do an overnight by now. I'm trying to get up that way at the end of this month, so if you do make it out...please tell us what the conditions are like.
oakroscoe
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Grzldvt » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:17 pm

Well I have to pass on this one.... A major disappointment I was looking forward to getting out.
Last week we did go into the park and I was surprised at how much snow was still on the Valley Floor. Overall it is a very light snow year....
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking