Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Are small camper trailers allowed in Tamarack campground?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Are small camper trailers allowed in Tamarack campground?

Postby dnymore » Thu May 24, 2007 10:34 pm

My parents are coming alone with me to camp at Tamarack Flat campground. I'm going to camp in a tent but they would like to haul their 13 foot camper trailer into the campsite. I've read that "large" RVs or trailers are not recommended. Can someone please confirm if small camper trailers would be ok going down the bumpy, narrow, 3 mile road into the campsite.Thanks.
dnymore

Re: Are small camper trailers allowed in Tamarack campground

Postby dan » Thu May 24, 2007 11:56 pm

Hmmm. The has some good narrow hairpin turns. The access road is mostly dirt (there's remnants of pavement once in awhile). It used to be the main road to the Valley from the north, the Old Big Oak Flat Road, before the current road replaced it around 1940.

I've seen large trucks and camper vans, but I don't remember any trailers there. I like the campsite--nice and quiet and next to a creek.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking