Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Valley to Porcupine creek transportation

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Valley to Porcupine creek transportation

Postby lizrandolph » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:19 pm

My sister and I will be visiting Yosemite soon and wish to hike from Porcupine creek down to the valley . We have done the Porcupine to North Dome in the past and at that time we were able to use the hiker bus. But since we are planning on doing our hike on the 7th of October and the bus no longer goes from the valley to there can anyone suggest something PLEASE ? Thank You . We are new to forum so a a quick run down, We are Conservancy volunteers and have done many hikes in Yosemite including backpacking, my sister and I are over 50'ish and are still avid hikers. Looking forward to any help or suggestions. :D
lizrandolph
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Valley to Porcupine creek transportation

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Have one of your friends in the Conservancy drive you up? Hitch hike? Sorry, that's about all I know about short of ordering up a very expensive taxi from Merced.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking