Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Tenaya Lake to Clouds Rest to Little Yosemite

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Tenaya Lake to Clouds Rest to Little Yosemite

Postby earmer » Wed May 13, 2015 1:27 pm

My group and I are planning a 4 day hike starting on either 5/27 or 5/28 in Yosemite, and we've figured out the main trail we want to do but need suggestions for looping back to our start.

We're planning to start at Tenaya lake and hike to the Sunrise Lakes to camp. Next day we'd be heading to Clouds' Rest for an overnight, and then head to Little Yosemite Valley for our next overnight. We'd like to somehow get back to our start at Tenaya lake the next day. I just looked at a map though, and it looks like this trail is more of a straight line than a loop, so I'm wondering how this could possibly work. Any suggestions???

Thanks!
earmer

Re: Tenaya Lake to Clouds Rest to Little Yosemite

Postby AlmostThere » Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm

It's unclear to me why you would go to Little Yosemite instead of spending a night at, say, Cathedral Lakes or going back to Sunrise Lakes. LYV tends to be a zoo. The Meadow Fire also turned quite a few acres to burnt out forest on that side of Clouds Rest.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Tenaya Lake to Clouds Rest to Little Yosemite

Postby balzaccom » Wed May 13, 2015 3:59 pm

I agree with AT. Why not go to Cathedral Lakes the last night. There is a nice cross country route down to Tenaya Lake, over the granite slopes, and would have you back to Murphy Creek.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking