Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Need Help With Location Identification

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Need Help With Location Identification

Postby fender8 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi everyone! I will be visiting Yosemite with one of my best friends in July and we are trying to see if anybody can help us identify this location:

This is a place in the park (I hope not outside as I don't have all of the information and don't want to post in the incorrect forum) that his father visited when he was younger. His father has since passed and we would love to be able to visit the site to recreate the picture and moment as a tribute.

Thanks so much to anyone who might be able to point us in the right direction.
fender8

Re: Need Help With Location Identification

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I would guess it is somewhere along the four mile trail. The angle looks wrong for Glacier Point. Perhaps closer to Moran Point.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby fender8 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Thank you so much AlmostThere. That definitely helps narrow it way down in such a huge park. It really means a lot to us!
fender8

Postby robow8 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:02 pm

A google image search of Half dome from four mile trail had several photos that looked to be from that spot. Here's one:Image
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby fender8 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:24 pm

That is great Robow8! Will definitely keep "four mile trail" on the radar. Really appreciate it!
fender8

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking