Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Hiker's Shuttle gone after this year

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Hiker's Shuttle gone after this year

Postby Pack Dad » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Our shuttle driver today mentioned that the free hikers shuttle that goes between Tuolumne Meadows and Yosemite Valley is slated to be axed at the end of this year. I don't know much else about this topic and apologize if it was covered in another thread, but she advised that if you value this free service to write your congressman in support of future funding.

We took the shuttle back to our car at White Wolf, from Tuolumne Meadows today, and were incredibly thankful such a service exists. I don't know how much traffic this site gets but thought I'd throw out a PSA for folks who might be planning trips for next year, or who care about this shuttle.
Pack Dad

Re: Hiker's Shuttle gone after this year

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Since this is also the first year that shuttle existed, not a big deal to me. YARTS and the hiker bus with reservable tix are affordable.

Might have to do with Delaware North losing the contract to Aramark.writing a congressman does nothing- the concessions aren't within their purview.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking