Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Curry Village to Glacier Point 8/15 Sunset + Night

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Curry Village to Glacier Point 8/15 Sunset + Night

Postby nishantg » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 am

Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are first time visitors to YNP (very excited!), and are hoping to visit Glacier Point for sunset and stargazing this Saturday evening/night of 8/15. We'll be going from Curry Village and understand driving would be the only way to get there and back at night. Unfortunately the Stargazing Tour is not scheduled to occur on 8/15.

As newbies, we're hoping to get some pointers/tips and possibly share the experience with a few people to ensure we don't get into any trouble! Room for 3 people in the car with us! Is anyone staying at YNP this weekend and interested in joining us? Any tips for a safe journey?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Nishant
nishantg
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking