Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Toloumne to Vogelsang to Merced to Sunrise

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Toloumne to Vogelsang to Merced to Sunrise

Postby rgt333 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:54 pm

We are planning a late July or Early August 4 day trip and were thinking about Toulomne to Vogelsang day 1 to Merced Lake day 2 to Sunrise day 3 and back to Tolumen day 4 Has anyone done this and how did it go?
rgt333

Re: Toloumne to Vogelsang to Merced to Sunrise

Postby dan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Day 1: to Vogelsang is your toughest day--you're still aclimating and there's lots of uphill, including at the end when you're tired. I recommend camping at Tuolumne Meadows the night before at least. Nice views of Lyell Fork Canyon if you look behind you on the way up.

Day 2: (mostly) down hill to Merced Lake should be nice--lots of waterfalls along the way.

Day 3: Lots of domes, small waterfalls and cascades along the way. I like the meadows at Sunrise.

Bring mosquito juice for July, unless it's a dry winter.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking