Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Giving thanks

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Giving thanks

Postby balzaccom » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:00 am

This week we celebrate Thanksgiving in the USA, and we thought we'd take just a minute to mention some of the things we are grateful for:

Top among those are our apparent good health, and the fact that we have each other and continue to be in love after 38 years of marriage. We wish all of you the same.

We're also enormously grateful for the fact that we live in a place and time that allows us to enjoy the beauty of nature when and where we would like, with wonderful national parks, forests, and wilderness areas. And we should mention the many people who have joined us in our celebration of the wilderness, from those on these backpacking message forums, to those we have taken along on a hike . We thank you all
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Giving thanks

Postby Grzldvt » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:12 am

balzaccom wrote:This week we celebrate Thanksgiving in the USA, and we thought we'd take just a minute to mention some of the things we are grateful for:

Top among those are our apparent good health, and the fact that we have each other and continue to be in love after 38 years of marriage. We wish all of you the same.

We're also enormously grateful for the fact that we live in a place and time that allows us to enjoy the beauty of nature when and where we would like, with wonderful national parks, forests, and wilderness areas. And we should mention the many people who have joined us in our celebration of the wilderness, from those on these backpacking message forums, to those we have taken along on a hike . We thank you all

Great post, and I feel the same. The wife while no longer able to hike, still lives vicariously thought my pictures.
We live in one of the most incredible places on the planet and we should all be thankful it is at our doorstep.
I for one have enjoyed your adventures and have used them for inspiration for my hiking partner in crime to explore other areas.
Thanks for being here :mrgreen:
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:16 am

You guys that have been here for so long, giving of your time and sharing your experiences so selflessly and generously, deserve the gratitude of so many. You're the rocks that hold it all together. You motivate and inspire me to teach when I can and learn when I should. Thank you! I'm proud to have been allowed to become part of what you've created. Warmest wishes this Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby balzaccom » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks Phil. We get a lot more out of it than we've ever put into it!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking