Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Biking miles for the year: 5,000 and counting

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Biking miles for the year: 5,000 and counting

Postby balzaccom » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:17 am

I began this year with a goal: to ride my bicycle at least 5,000 miles over the course of the year. This was quite a challenge, given the number of miles I traveled on airplanes (135,000+ through today) and the fact that I was not only running my own business, but also teaching two classes at the local college.

But success is mine! This week I rode a number of days when the temps dropped down into the high 30's and watched with glee/relief as the odometer on the bike rolled over 5,000 miles for the year...and it's now over 62,000 miles since I bought my Bianchi Giro about thirteen years ago.

Now if the weather would just warm up, I'd love to get on the bike and go for a ride...
Last edited by balzaccom on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Biking miles for the year: 5,000 and counting

Postby Phil » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 am

Congratulations! That's quite a milestone...especially having pulled it off and lived to tell about it on the roads of Napa and Sonoma Counties--no doubt those miles come with at least a few harrowing tales.......

I'm convinced that it's never going to warm up. Even down here, the cold is cutting through you cold. Puffies have become a regular wardrobe choice around our house, and new ones are at the top of everyone's Christmas lists, regardless of how "dorky" the kids think they are. Many geese have been and will be sacrificed for our thermal well-being.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking