Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Sept/Oct: Hetch Hetchy Loop to Rancheria, Vernon, & Laurel

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: Sept/Oct: Hetch Hetchy Loop to Rancheria, Vernon, & Laur

Postby huynguyen1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Balzaccom, I'm glad you enjoyed the report and would like to respond to your comments. First, the flies were buzzing our faces a bit on the second day (probably due to the heat) so Dan wore his headnet. I didn't pack one because I knew there wouldn't be mosquitoes around in the fall (I'm guessing this is the source of your surprise?). If I had one on that day, though, I would've worn it. I didn't, so I didn't. Dan did, so he did.

Second, it's too bad I come across as awed by those elevations, which I know are not exceptional heights to reach: I just wanted to indicate some numbers for the sake of posterity and future trip comparisons. I do, however, stick to my claim that the second day's hike was a butt-kicker for us. Even though it's not a steep hike for Yosemite, that doesn't change the fact that it was a steep one for our party. I think it's relative, e.g. somebody climbing Everest might consider coming out of Yosemite Valley a walk in the park, literally. :) Anyway, my buddies and I are all dads with young kids so this only an annual trip for us. The trip report, as I'm sure you know, is a labor of love, but I'll have to wait until next year for another. Will keep you posted!
huynguyen1
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Previous

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking