Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Merced River foot bridges

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: Merced River foot bridges

Postby mebgardner » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:30 am

Phil wrote:That's an interesting site. Thanks for turning me on to it.

It's funny, but what actually brought me here to begin with almost a year ago now was looking for reliable snow depth reports for Red Peak. I had absolutely no idea that I would end up staying and enjoying being a part of it. To me though, that's part of the allure of backpacking...I love the isolation, the challenge, the work it takes to be where not just everyone wants to or can be, but I also love the fact that the people I encounter are usually more than willing to give of themselves, and I have yet to encounter anyone in the backcountry that can't at least spare you a friendly moment to look you in the eyes, smile, and be genuinely happy to see you, if only just in passing.

Nice, Phil. That was a good moment.
mebgardner
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Previous

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking