Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Going in Friday for the Day - Tioga Road Conditions?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Going in Friday for the Day - Tioga Road Conditions?

Postby Grzldvt » Wed May 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Going in Friday for the day and was wondering if anyone has been on Tioga for the last few days. Looking to sneak in a 10 mile run, but suspect Hetch Hetchy maybe a better choice if I choose t do that. Unless the trail to Glen Aulin is open... ya there's a dream. Thoughts. My other option is to day hike over the snow to various spots May Lake, Ten lakes trailhead to Ten Lakes Pass and back down, or still thinking what else might work
Thoughts on snow levels
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Going in Friday for the Day - Tioga Road Conditions?

Postby Phil » Wed May 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Hey Steve. I have yet to get out to Tioga Rd this year, but have you seen this snow depth map that AlmostThere posted a while back? I tweaked the date out to the 28th in the link. Based on what I found up by Tahoe a couple weekends ago, it's pretty accurate.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/ ... &js=1&uc=0
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Going in Friday for the Day - Tioga Road Conditions?

Postby Grzldvt » Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 am

Phil,
Missed it but that is a great map, looks like it is pretty serious as you get closer to the eastern side. Gives me something to think about, but it looks like Glen Aulin is pretty clear. May Lake, may be OK, Ten Lakes not so much.
So THANKS!!!! that was pretty cool to see.
I used to have a handle on all of this stuff, but owning my own business that is simply flying high, I have not had a lot of time lately to get out and keep up.
In a couple of weeks I am doing the annual LeConte Falls trip, should be pretty good this year.
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking