Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

help with shuttle run to glacier point July 4th or 5th

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

help with shuttle run to glacier point July 4th or 5th

Postby tadhg » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi,
I have an RV and can bring people up to Glacier Point early in the AM on July 4th or 5th with plans to hike down. We plan on doing the 6-8 hour hike back down with my family so don't want to rush and therefore won't make shuttle bus by 1:30 to take me back up.
I am looking for anyone interested in shuttling with us. We can drive you to Glacier Point if you could bring me back up in the afternoon in your car so that I can collect my RV.
Please respond on this messaging board if available those times and include how many people you need me to bring up that morning.
Tadhg
tadhg

Re: help with shuttle run to glacier point July 4th or 5th

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:34 am

The bus tour is probably the way to go, though it may be booked.
http://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to ... bus-tours/

Ride it UP IN THE MORNING and don't worry about the vehicle at all.

I will be far, far, far far far from Yosemite traffic and thanking my lucky stars - all the road work in the valley floor is a mess. You can expect to be sitting in traffic for hours getting back into the valley floor. Afternoons are quite bad under normal circumstances.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby tadhg » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:36 am

That is good advice however we have 7 and the bus is full apparently because web site is not allowing us to book this number... Are there independent operators shuttling people to the top or are we out of luck?
tadhg

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:44 am

No other shuttle around I'm afraid. I would leave the RV in the campsite and do some other hike rather than sit in traffic potentially for the same amount of time you'll spend hiking .... just walk around the valley floor. Long, flat hike but easier and less frustrating.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking