Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

2 day backcountry mid June

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

2 day backcountry mid June

Postby Amikam » Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm

I have two days (meaning one night) for backpacking in the Yosemite and one more day for just exploring, driving on the Tioga Rd. So, I`ll be happy to recieve some recommendations on what you can do in 2 days, trails, where to camp etc.
I also have just one car so I guess I`m looking for a loop trail or some other way to get back to my car...
another thing to consider is that we are staying the last night (after the walk ) on a campsite 90 min. drive from the valley.
My wife is a moderate hiker, but she has never been the Yosemite, so I don`t mind going again to some of the main attractions.
Am i asking for too much? should I add a day or settle for the day-hikes? (I prefer not too...)
Amikam

Re: 2 day backcountry mid June

Postby dan » Fri May 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Tuolumne Meadows is a good jumping off point for a backpack. Any direction you go is good. The campground at Tuolumne Meadows is popular and full a lot. There's other campgrounds along the Tioga Road (highway 120). Its about 90-120 minutes from Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite Valley.

You can also backpack to Little Yosemite Valley from Yosemite Valley along the Mist Trail up and along Vernal and Nevada Falls. Very beautiful, but LYV Backpackers Campground is crowded.

You need to have a bear canister to store your food. More information at http://www.nps.gov/yose/wilderness/
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

From Tenaya lake to the valley?

Postby Amikam » Sat May 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.
I was not able to reserve a permit to enter from happy isle (loop route from the valley to the valley), and I wonder if its possible to go from Tenaya lake to yosemite valley in 2 days,
and if there is any transportation going from the valley to tenaya lake (since I have one car. I`ll need to go back to my starting point to meet my car..)
Thanks again,
Amikam.
Amikam

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking