Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Line time to Get a Permit in oulomne Meadows

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Line time to Get a Permit in oulomne Meadows

Postby ekelk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:44 am

This is my first time to Yosemite and I am flying in 8/29 and would like to get either a cathedral or sunrise lakes permit (for a 5 day loop). I would like to get in line on Thursday 8/31. My question is What Time should I be in line?? (there are 2 of us). Thank you! -Lyz
ekelk
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Line time to Get a Permit in oulomne Meadows

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm

If you want to start hiking on 8/31, you need to be there when they start giving out walk in permits for 8/31 at 11 am the day before. If you want to start on 9/1, at 11 am on 8/31.

If you want to be at the front of the line to ensure you get permits, you get there earlier in the morning and wait. Those are very popular trailheads. If you get there at 10 am, they start to give out unclaimed reserved permits for that same day. So you could start on 8/31 if you show up early and are lucky enough to be there on a day when someone fails to show up to get the permit they paid for.

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/wildpermits.htm
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking