Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Tioga Rd plowing

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: Tioga Rd plowing

Postby Phil » Fri May 18, 2018 8:40 am

balzaccom wrote:We drove Tioga Pass about four days after it opened a few years ago. Saw zero mosquitoes, but all of the trails had snow after the first couple miles. And stream crossings were.. interesting.

"interesting"...I love that word. It says nothing, yet everything.

I still want the doves and Swiss children, but I guess we can hike in a little and have a snowball fight instead of hot dogs, although I can do some crazy stuff with an Omnifuel.

But I do really want to drag my daughter out for a couple days down by Waterwheel, though, but I know better. She's about to graduate high school and has a serious case of Senioritis. Showed her some pictures of the falls at peak the other day and she's stoked. What I neglected to show her was the pics of flooding west of GA proper. I'm sure she would find it...interesting. I like that kind of thing...I also find that...interesting.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Previous

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking