Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Trail conditions off Tioga Road? Gaylor Lakes/Mono Pass/Cath

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Trail conditions off Tioga Road? Gaylor Lakes/Mono Pass/Cath

Postby calipharaoh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello all, I was wondering if somebody could give me some insight regarding recent trail conditions for any of the hikes I listed above. We are a group of 6 young adult guys heading there this weekend. This is our fourth trip to the park and we want to do some hikes in the eastern part of the park but we usually go later in the season so we hadn't considered the potential of snow impeding our hikes until now.

The hikes I'm particularly interested in are Gaylor lakes, Mono Pass, and Cathedral Lakes. We are hoping to do Gaylor and one other hike in one long day and I would also appreciate recommendations on which hike to choose if conditions are okay. I know the trailhead for Gaylor lakes is around 10k feet but have read excellent feedback for the hike and would really like to go.

Thanks in advance.
calipharaoh
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Trail conditions off Tioga Road? Gaylor Lakes/Mono Pass/

Postby Phil » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:34 pm

This should give you some idea:

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive ... &js=1&uc=0

Centered on TM, as of 06/16/18. If you want to move it east, reset your coordinates and hit "redraw map", but this should do Gaylor Lakes, Mono Pass, and definitely Cathedral Lakes. With what's shown, you're also getting a good range of elevations from <8000 >11000. Snow won't be your issue, mud and mosquitoes will.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking