Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

current high country conditions?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

current high country conditions?

Postby xwok » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:34 am

I'm planning to hike Saddlebag Lake to Tuolomne Meadows next week. NP website says the snow line is 8,000 feet. Has anyone been in that area yet this season (Lower McCabe Lake, Cold Canyon, etc), and what conditions should I prepare for in the higher elevations of the hike?
xwok
First-timer
First-timer

Postby BadPepsi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:15 pm

I was nearby at Vogelsang on June 13-15 and snow level was approximately 10,000 ft, with some smaller snowpatches below that elevation.
________
JEEP SJ SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by BadPepsi on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadPepsi

Postby dbiggs » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm

When I was in the wilderness permit office in Tuolumne on the 19th, there was a sign saying the road to Saddlebag lake was closed. I just got back from a trip to Glen Aulin and May Lake, and there was no snow encountered.
dbiggs

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking