Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Echo Creek Trail

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Echo Creek Trail

Postby bbmq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Are there any decent places to camp for one night along Echo Creek Trail? It may be that i"ll end up there at the end of a day and want to know what my options are.
bbmq
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Re: Echo Creek Trail

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:47 pm

I take it that you're talking about the trail that goes up Cathedral Fork Creek to Sunrise, not Echo Creek itself or Echo Valley? There are some scattered sites down low in Echo Valley, but then the trail climbs steeply to up past the first footbridge. After the climb, you'll then come to a second footbridge. Cross to the other side of that and you'll find the best sites on the trail, nice ones.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Echo Creek Trail

Postby bbmq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Phil.
bbmq
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking