Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

staying overnight with a permit while occupying tm campsite

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

staying overnight with a permit while occupying tm campsite

Postby ctfshjohn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:17 pm

have a reservation for sept 12-22 at TM.

can i acquire a permit to stay overnight for 1 night while im technically supposed to be at TM camp all of those days.

i would like to have 1 hike where i stay out overnight but wasnt sure what the exact rule was on this .

thank you
ctfshjohn
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: staying overnight with a permit while occupying tm camps

Postby WanderingJim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 pm

As long as you have a reservation for all the days and have something at the Tuolumne Meadows campsite (tent/car/etc), you should be okay. If you leave the site empty, then they might assume you left early and give it to someone else.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ctfshjohn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm

yeah was thinking of notifying staff / neighbors and leaving water on the table with notification of where i am.

wasnt sure if i could legally occupy 2 spots in the park in one night.

thanks
ctfshjohn
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby Phil » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Yeah, just let them (ranger or camp host) know for good measure. As long as you're paid up and the tag is still on your post with the dates of your stay, they're not going to rent it out from under you, and besides, people just coming along and taking an empty site isn't how it works up at TM.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking