Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

High Sierra Camps Will Not Be Open in 2019

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

High Sierra Camps Will Not Be Open in 2019

Postby Grzldvt » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 am

2019 High Sierra Camp Reservation Update
Yosemite National Park has measured the snowpack in the Tuolumne River basin to be an average of 176% as of April 1, 2019. Please note the High Sierra Camps will not open this year due to high snowpack. We are in the process of contacting guests with the option of a transfer to 2020 or a refund.
I think this is the only the third time in since 1985 this has happened.
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: High Sierra Camps Will Not Be Open in 2019

Postby balzaccom » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 am

Yep. And for us backpackers, that also means that the outhouses and, more importantly, the water faucets at the camps will not be in service.

I never really liked hiking through the camps, with their crowds of people, but it was always nice to fill up our water bottles without filtering!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: High Sierra Camps Will Not Be Open in 2019

Postby Grzldvt » Fri May 24, 2019 2:22 am

Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking