Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Trail Crew Rocks!

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Trail Crew Rocks!

Postby john » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 pm

I just returned from a 70 mile loop and ran into a trail crew camped on the merced fork near Red Peak.

The guys ( and 1 Girl) were so nice and hospitable. The Invited us to a hot dinner as they said they hadn't seen any BPer's in a week.

Great work done by great people.
john
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby oakroscoe » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:02 pm

I couldn't agree more. I saw the CCC crew that is based out of Miguel Meadows on back to back weeks in June (once on the trail up to Miguel Meadows from Lake Eleanor and on the trail to Lake Vernon from Hetch Hetchy), and they were friendly and outgoing both times. They really don't get enough credit for what they do and all their hard work. I can't speak highly enough about them.
oakroscoe
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby bill-e-g » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:03 am

Ditto!
They are simply amazing. Such hard work and every single one of them
LOVE it. We always say thanks for your hard work and they just say
no problem, glad to do it, love the work, etc.
Interesting that they were near Red Peak. They were making their
way up from the Merced on that trail last year too...
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby john » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Yeah, they said they had been working on it from the Triple Peak Fork for 3 years now. They hoped to make it to the top before snow pushed them out.

It was crazy to talk them about being so far in that they couldn't even make it out to civilazation (the valley...or Disneyland as they called it) on their 3 day weekends. Nothing to do on their days off except climb, fish, and explore in Yosemite's backcountry.

Must be rough! :lol:
john
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking