Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Something of interest to one of our posters...

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Something of interest to one of our posters...

Postby balzaccom » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:04 am

This from High Sierra Topix:

Like many of us at Topix I wish Snowy the best. Her posts were informative and exuded such a positive, enthusiastic spirit and Topix is not quite the same in her absence. One way or another I'm glad to hear she's still doing what she loves doing the most, and I'm sure that's what she was doing somewhere in the Pine Creek area when I saw her FJ at the TH on July 28. Anybody out there who communicates with her via FB please pass my best regards to her and my best wishes for her continued happiness in the Range of Light.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Something of interest to one of our posters...

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 am

I stopped reading that forum a while ago. But I hope Snowy is doing well.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby robow8 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:07 am

AlmostThere wrote:I stopped reading that forum a while ago. But I hope Snowy is doing well.

They asked about you too.
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:12 am

robow8 wrote:
AlmostThere wrote:I stopped reading that forum a while ago. But I hope Snowy is doing well.

They asked about you too.

It's nice that they thought of me, but I have no interest in letting a stalker creep continue to have free reign to mock and instigate. At least Facebook let me block him. Forum software generally isn't so good for that. If he bugs me here I can just delete his posts directed at me.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 am

HST is way too much work and time. Some great people with a huge knowledge base, and some interesting discussions, but too many rows...some of which I created. I never really wanted to get hyper involved with the "outdoor community", just to help some people out with planning their trips and having a better time for anything I was able to contribute to it.

This is home.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:17 am

AlmostThere wrote:If he bugs me here I can just delete his posts directed at me.

My only request is, that you leave him here just long enough for me to get a piece. I'll probably do the deleting for you, and as you know, I like to do the complete job. :twisted:
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby balzaccom » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Well, I am grateful that both of you are here.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking