Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Park is back open without reservations for day use

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Park is back open without reservations for day use

Postby balzaccom » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:24 pm

That starts March 1, so plan for more traffic....but at least you don't have to plan for a reservation!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Park is back open without reservations for day use

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:15 am

Just in time! I do have plans for some day hiking in the park. Tho I shall indeed be getting a pre-dawn start...
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Park is back open without reservations for day use

Postby Grzldvt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:25 am

I have to say I really liked the reservation system. I went in on Feb 10th and had the place to myself. I parked along the South Side Road across from the church and had that entire strip to myself for as long as I was there.
Seeing Horsetail was a total bust as heavy clouds came in and blocked the sun.
Went back on the last day of my permit(Feb 17th) and it was much more crowded and the falls were very borderline and clouds came in. Another bust
I snagged a reservation on the 24th of Feb and the park had traffic and people but not as much as the 17th.
The Fall was flowing much better on the 24th and I got an indirect place that showed off the fall much better.
The crowd was very well behaved and we all had a great time.
I am really hoping they implement the reservation system next winter.
Did Video but the Falls were going so slow it is hard to tell, other than my shakiness But here is a shot:
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking