Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Current Conditions On the rims

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Current Conditions On the rims

Postby WanderingJim » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:19 pm

So, I've been wanting to go to Yosemite this Winter and do a little Winter backpacking. The low snowfall kept me from going and February's big dump coincided with some scheduling problems.

With the little storm they are getting today, the next few days look good weather wise and should have some nice fresh snow on the ground above 7k, but the big questions is the conditions on the ground.

I'll either take a short 1-2 night hike out to Dewey Point from Badger Pass or a 2 night hike up Snow Creak or Yosemite Falls trail to spend some time along the north rim.

Anyone been in Yosemite recently know what the trail conditions were like before the storm?
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Current Conditions On the rims

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Whatever it was yesterday, it's like this today:
https://www.nps.gov/media/webcam/view.h ... 3689031F0B
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Current Conditions On the rims

Postby WanderingJim » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 am

Thanks. Since the facilities at Badger Pass are all closed, I had forgotten about that webcam.

I ended up spendign the night at Dewey Point. Cold, but a nice overnight in the snow.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking