Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Permits for 2022

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Permits for 2022

Postby balzaccom » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:33 pm

We're already well along with planning our summer adventures. Yes, it's still only the end of January. But we've already managed to get our California campfire permit, which allows us to cook in the backcountry (pending the obvious fire restrictions) and a California fishing license, so that we can while away the hours in distant lakes and streams.

But that's only half the story. With the current COVID restrictions playing havoc with the various departments and organizations that manage our wilderness, we've still been lucky in landing a permit for a backpacking trip in Yosemite through their lottery system, and another through the Inyo National Forest (think John Muir and Ansel Adams Wildernesses) for later in the month.

Given our success, it's well worth your while to play the lottery game with Yosemite, and to keep those fingers nimble for the Inyo permits, which are made available each morning at 7 a.m. PDT.

Don't get me wrong. We did not get on our computer at 6:45 a.m. and wait, fingers poised, to get a permit. We went on a couple of days later and scored a permit for a slightly less popular trailhead. We're happy
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Permits for 2022

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:38 pm

We got our permits without a fuss or waking up before dawn. But I'm not going to Yosemite this year for backpacking. Other folks can have those permits - or in the event I have a free weekend I'll take my chances with a walk up. We'll stick with South Lake, Piute Pass and Wishon trailheads.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking