Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Question for the first experience trip

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Question for the first experience trip

Postby danielkreger » Sun May 08, 2022 9:22 pm

Hi, Any suggestions for my first trip to Yosemite next month. I have about 5 days to experience here.
I want to ask how to prepare shoes and what basic tools to bring? Thanks!
danielkreger
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Question for the first experience trip

Postby AlmostThere » Mon May 09, 2022 6:13 am

I'm going to ask the dumb question, are you backpacking or camping in the Valley, or ? I know you posted in the hiking/backpacking forum, but thought I would get clarification before we start to make suggestions.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby balzaccom » Mon May 09, 2022 6:49 am

And the second question is to ask whether or not you have reservations to get into the park....or stay in the park.

That said, our website has a pretty complete guide to visiting Yosemite for both day-hikes and backpacking trips. You can find our site in my signature line. And Yosemite is in the destinations section of the website.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby snowcreek » Wed May 11, 2022 1:36 pm

two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
You can get your its it, and King cobra at the store
snowcreek
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby sandebenedditt » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:07 pm

Hope you had a nice trip! I usually recommend getting good hiking shoes for such trips. Such shoes are not cheap, but they are absolutely worth it because they are waterproof and will protect your feet from breaking or dislocation.
I would suggest Oboz or Keen Targhee, but you can choose any other brand you like. I would even say shoes are one of the most important pieces of equipment because they keep your feet dry and warm, and you cannot underestimate that.
Such shoes are usually more than $150, so you need to be ready to pay quite a sum.
sandebenedditt
First-timer
First-timer

Postby settlerinse » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:25 am

Wish you have a nice trip! You should prepare the necessary supplies. Camping supplies, tents, blankets, food, protective gear.
drive mad
settlerinse

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking