Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Water Situation

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Water Situation

Postby NealB » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:47 pm

Hey all,
First time post/question here. I have a permit to go from the valley floor up Yosemite Falls to North Dome, back to Tenaya Lake, over to Clouds Rest, down to Little Yosemite Valley, and then back to the valley floor. My hike dates are September 4-9, 2022 but I'm not sure the water situation. If you have any recent info that would be super helpful!
Thank you in advance.
NealB
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Water Situation

Postby balzaccom » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 am

Hi Neal

There is usually water at Lehamite Creek above North Dome, but this is a very dry year---your best bet is to check with the ranger when you get your permit. And there is almost always water in Snow Creek...at least up on top.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby WanderingJim » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:58 pm

Definitely get your water before descending to the top of North Dome to camp (which you should... I highly recommend it).
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby gohike » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 pm

I did a similar trip last year and was able to get some water out of both Lehamite Creek and Canyon Creek, but that was earlier in the year. I would absolutely check w/ rangers before making that trip. If you can pull it off, it's a showstopper of a trip!
gohike

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking