Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

camping outside of toulumne meadows

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

camping outside of toulumne meadows

Postby _Gabe_ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Finally got our dates and permits set for a 4 day backpacking trip starting at the Cathedral Lakes Trailhead at TM. What I am wanting to do is leave the day before to settle down...aclimate...etc and get an early start on the hike the next morning. Since I start my hike on a Sunday, June 28th there is no chance of me finding a campsite available at TM for the day before.

I would like to stay nearby within walking distance since I plan to leave me car in the valley floor and take the shuttle up to TM on Saturday. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gabe
_Gabe_
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby balzaccom » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:23 pm

If you can't get a campsite at TM, you should stay at Hodgon Meadows---it's at about 6,000, which gets you acclimated, and there are first come/first served campsites there.

It's about a 45 minute drive from TM--but that's as close as you are going to get, I think...
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby gwegan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Actually you should be able to get a campsite. Their are spots reserved for backpackers. Or get a permit for May Lake Sunday night. The wilderness office will explain how to use the shuttle to get to May Lake (2 1/2 mile walk)
gwegan
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking