Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Camping & Backpacking High Sierra June 10th-13th--Any ad

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Camping & Backpacking High Sierra June 10th-13th--Any ad

Postby farino001 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm just wondering if it is advisable to be camping in the high sierra during the second week of june? I've been keepin an eye on the webcams over last few weeks and noticed quite a change in the tuolomne area.

I'm hoping to hike from Tuolomne to Sunrise(day 1) via Cathedral Lake, then onto Merced(day 2), then up to Vogelsang(day 3) and then down through lyell canyon back to tuolomne(day 4).

Is this a realistic plan? Weather permitting of course?

Thank you.
farino001

Postby Heybooboo » Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 pm

You'll be in snow part of the way after Cathedral Lakes. Probably not an issue if you are familiar with the area and if it stays this hot it might all be gone.
Smarter than the average bear.
Heybooboo
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking