Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Lake Tenaya to Yosemite Valley in 2 days?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Lake Tenaya to Yosemite Valley in 2 days?

Postby clarkdude » Tue May 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Hello Everyone,
Decided to backpack Yosemite this weekend and was wondering if this plan was feasible.

Day 1
- Start out at Lake Tenaya at I think Sunrise trail.
- Hike to Clouds Rest
- Hike to the Half Dome junction and set up camp
Day 2
- Hike to Half Dome
- Hike back to camp and pack up
- Hike back to Yosemite Valley via Mist trail

We're heading out Early Saturday to get the wilderness permit for little Yosemite Valley. I was thinking if we wanted to stay before the Half Dome/John Muir junction too to get more rest the first day but I'm not sure which permit I'd get.

Anyway, I was wondering if this plan is feasible. We've done 10 mile hikes with ~1200 elevation gain before but not with a bigger pack. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
clarkdude
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AlmostThere » Wed May 20, 2009 9:18 am

Tioga Road is open but there's still a lot of snow up there. You might consider having an alternate plan if you can't navigate in snow. Maybe a loop from Glacier Point to Happy Isles, heading up to Clouds Rest then Half Dome. Check with the rangers on trail conditions from Sunrise.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

was it hike-able?

Postby rme » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm

clarkdude,

were you able to make the trip starting from Tenaya Lake? I am heading there this weekend. How bad was the snow on the trail? And the water crossing at Tenaya Lake?

Thanks!
rme

Postby belowi » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:28 am

RME-
Just wondering how YOUR trip worked out, and what you could tell us about conditions.

Thanks!
belowi
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking