Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Backpackers Shuttle

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Backpackers Shuttle

Postby Peter A. Wilson » Sat May 30, 2009 7:24 pm

7 of us are hiking from Toulumne Medows to the Valley on 6/11/09 but the backpackers shuttle doesn't start running until the 12th. I would rather not have to drive back up to Toulumne after hiking 4 days. Anyone in the area interested in making some easy $ driving us to Toulumne the morning of the 11th. Any other options would be appreciated also.
Peter A. Wilson

Postby AlmostThere » Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 pm

So the hike starts on the 11th, the shuttles start running on the 12th... not sure I see the problem?
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Sun May 31, 2009 12:37 am

AlmostThere wrote:So the hike starts on the 11th, the shuttles start running on the 12th... not sure I see the problem?

They don't want to leave the car in TM and have to go all the way back...

I looked at the calander, I wish I could, any excuse to go. Good luck finding someone!
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Sun May 31, 2009 7:05 am

People hitchhike in Yosemite successfully. Seven people is a big load, but lots of big cars out there... What about YARTS? Says they are starting the Tioga route in June, but not what day....

I agree that leaving a car and going back to get it is a pain, but we are doing the same trip in August and plan to leave a car in the Valley, drive up to the trailhead, and go back up to get the car so we are not dependent on the shuttle schedule.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Peter A. Wilson » Sun May 31, 2009 7:23 pm

1 or 2 of us hitchhiking wouldn't be a problem but 7 is a bit out of line. I thought about YARTS but was told they won't be running yet either. I'll have to check the shuttle schedule to see about getting us back to TM Sunday afternoon. The offers still there for anyone with a van.

It's nice to come off the hike, have a hot shower and a couple of cold brews before making the long drive home.
Peter A. Wilson

Postby wooky999 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 am

i just talked to yarts this week, im going to be going from TM to yosemite valley and they have shuttle running on the weekends only right now, im taking one from Yosemite Village to TM on Sunday at 5pm. They only have one shuttle a day.
wooky999
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking