Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Late Sept. 5 / 4 trip for a couple of fit beginners

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Late Sept. 5 / 4 trip for a couple of fit beginners

Postby lperry29 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 am

Hey all: a good friend and I are beginning to plan a trip 9/20-9/25...we're driving from austin, tx - small hike on sunday the 20th then camp....hike and stay thru Thursday night, ideally a short hike Fri morning back to the truck and then head back. i would really appreciate any recommendations for the route, which seems the only place to start planning. we are both very active (26 and 27 yrs old), but really don't have much hiking experience although lots of camping. we'd like to challenge ourselves while going at a pace that still allows us to take a lot in. looking for great views, nice (but tough is fine) hikes and lots of fresh air! i'm sure i will have a ton of questions as we continue to plan but we want to decide on a route firrst....also very curious about the weather and reading the posts and other sites seems like the short answer is it really just depends...?

thanks for your input!
Lp
lperry29
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking