Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Help for this Weekend

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Help for this Weekend

Postby mburr » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 pm

First off...thank you in advance for your help.

I am going to be heading up for a pretty quick trip this weekend (in early SAT AM and then back out on SUN). Am pretty familiar with the park and have spent a considerable amount of time in the backcountry primarily off Tuolumne Meadows (have taken people up to Vogelsang, etc.). Looking for something this weekend in the 5-9 mile range (one way).

My original thought was heading out to Ostrander Lake...something I have never done before. I have been told the wildflowers will be good (potentially a little early). Was wondering if anyone had any feedback or had been out there recently?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for areas that would be good this weekend (would prefer to avoid snow), would love some options.

Again, thanks in advance.
mburr

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 am

i've been to Ostrander a number of times, it's a nice hike but 12 mile round trip. The trail would be easy to follow - even if there are snow patches there are also yellow flags up in the trees to guide snowshoers and skiiers to the ski hut that operates in the winter at the lake.

I'm going to Alder Creek Falls on Sunday. 8 miles round trip and not one of the more well known hikes in the park. If you want details send me a message.

Chilnualna Falls is another eight miler but allllll uphill going in - was there earlier in the year and there was no snow.

Have you done the Pohono or Panorama trail?
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking