Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

4th of July traffic and Glacier Pt water

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

4th of July traffic and Glacier Pt water

Postby BrendanSF » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Two newbie questions:

1) when do you think the backup going to get bad at the Hwy 120 entrance this Friday? I'm planning to get there around 8am. Is that early enough to avoid waiting for hours? :shock:

2) is drinking water available at Glacier Point? I will be doing a hiking loop from the Valley and don't want to try filtering from a stream above a waterfall! :?
BrendanSF
Regular
Regular

Postby balzaccom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:08 am

Traffic back-up won't be too bad, depending on what time you arrive. But it is rarely more than 10 minutes

And yes, there is water at Glacier point--including in bottles in the gift shop!
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby BrendanSF » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 am

thanks, the traffic was fairly light on Sat July 4, and there was plenty of faucet water at Glacier Pt between the gift shop and the overlook
BrendanSF
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking