Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Yosemite Stores

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Yosemite Stores

Postby Osine » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:18 am

Hi, what are the stores like in Yosemite? Are they mostly for non-hiking tourists or are they helpful to backpackers? Specifically I'm wondering about Mountain House meals and Jetboil fuel. Thanks!
Osine
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:23 am

There are stores in the village, at Curry Village, and at Tuolumne Meadows. The one in Yosemite Village looks like an REI - tents, clothing, stoves, and shoes. I do seem to remember shelves of fuel, but I've also heard folks have gotten there to find they are out of canisters. The best bet is the sport store in Yosemite Village.

If you are coming from a good distance by plane and can't bring your own, I would pick up fuel on the way to the park, in Merced, Oakhurst or Fresno.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking