Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Looking to Trade

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: Looking to Trade

Postby sactown23 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 pm

So, you snatched the permits early this morning and suddenly decided NOT to go in September, but rather in June or July?

Yea, sure...
sactown23
Regular
Regular

Postby wutab19 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Actually, I got the permits so I could trade for a date I wanted, hence the reason for the post. I'm not scalping so there's no need to go around making jerk comments
wutab19

Postby sactown23 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Exactly my point. You have no plans to use those dates, yet you picked them up anyways in order to have leverage when trying to get your date simultaneously screwing over people who legitimately need those dates.
sactown23
Regular
Regular

Postby wutab19 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:46 am

Hey first come, first served! and if you know whats up why are you wasting your breath on me, talk to the guys up top. At the end of the day I'm either going sooner or later and those extra permits will go to my friends, which you aren't one because of your attitude
wutab19

Postby sactown23 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:36 am

I'm not here to ask for permits, but rather point out that you're no better than scalpers and mods should close the lid on people like you as well.

The problem has been addressed to YNP and they can't change anything overnight, while people like you are contributing even moreso to the problem rather than helping.
sactown23
Regular
Regular

Return to Half Dome Hiking