Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Confused - Backcountry Permit including Half Dome Hike

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Confused - Backcountry Permit including Half Dome Hike

Postby krian » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 am

Hi,

I guess this is a very stupid question, but I'm a bit confused about the new reservation system with backcountry permits that include the Half Dome hike. :oops:

I've done the fax reservation and just got a confirmation for my wilderness permit for HI to LYV. I checked the box to include Half Dome and I also checked the box to proceed with my reservation even if no Half Dome permit is available any more. My confirmation says now:

Entry Date: 05/30/2013
Entry Trailhead: Happy Isles->Little Yosemite Valley
Exit Date: 05/31/2013
Exit Trailhead: Happy Isles->Little Yosemite Valley
Number in Party: 1
Number hiking Half Dome: 1
Number of Stock: 0

Does that mean that I HAVE the HD permit now for hiking it either May 30 or May 31? Is that all I need?
I tried to give them a call, but the phone is very busy...

And if so, I would cancel my lottery entry - does anybody know how to do that?

Thanks for your help - very appreciated!
krian

Re: Confused - Backcountry Permit including Half Dome Hike

Postby krian » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 am

Actually, my question whether the HD hike is now included or not in my particular case could be answered with a simple yes/no. :?

...after several trials I finally got somebody on the phone and the answer is: yes.
krian

Return to Half Dome Hiking